25 January, 2006

Not a Very Good Gay


I think people have probably already established that I'm not the most typical of gays. Just the fact that I'm prepared to use the word as a noun says it all really.

But working with TWG (The Welsh Gay) has really highlighted even more just how much of an atypical gay I am. I've chatted to Nick Stephenson about this who describes himself as a homophobic homosexualist. I'm happy to identify similarly.

An example, yesterday:

TWG (The Welsh Gay): CF (Control Freak, his partner) and I have been invited to a party.

Ziggy (in his infinite naivete): Oh cool, that will be fun.

TWG: It's that type of party.

Ziggy: What type of party?

TWG: A sex party. 8 guys have been invited.

Ziggy: Is it at someone's house?

TWG: Yes.

Ziggy: Will they serve hor'dourves?

TWG looks at Ziggy incredulously.

The thing is, I hardly understand the protocol of gay sex let alone the protocol of a group of guys having a sex party. I mean, what is the process? Do people sit around sipping drinks and nibbling on blinis and chat about Celebrity Big Brother while waiting for someone to bend over or take their cock out?

I don't get it. And to be entirely honest, when gay men say shit like this to me... I feel ashamed to be gay.

23 comments:

DaBich said...

Never be ashamed to be who and what you are, Ziggy! So, did TWG ever say JUST how these "parties" get started? Does everyone just jump in and start "doing" each other? If so, that's one hell of a boring, whack party! At least have hor'dourves or SOMETHING, right? That's not a party, that's an orgy. YUCK.

JM said...

I've never understood annonymous sex, or sex with someone other than the person you love. Call me old-fashion.

ziggystardust73 said...

Dabich, the thing is that I'm actually really happy being who I am rather than a gay clone! and I'm with you on the YUK.

Angel, I think old fashioned is good.

Evil Scribe... thank you, and please come back any time. Your 'nice' brother bores the beejeezus out of me.

and yes, I could be a considerably BIGGER sissy mary, as I'm really quite thin.

c nadeau & t johnson said...

Hey!!!

markus said...

i agree, ziggy!

DaBich said...

I agree also that old-fashioned is good. But then, I've been told I'm old :X

ziggystardust73 said...

ok... evil scribe... just because you've put 'evil' in front of your name doesn't give you carte blanche to be a complete and utter arsehole...

well it's ok to be a prick to me in my blog, but not my other visitors...

so LEAVE MARKUS alone. Or I may just have to bitch slap you very, very hard.

DaBich said...

Ohh baby, I'm gettin out the popcorn :)
You tell him Ziggy!

Anonymous said...

Do they play show tunes first ?
Hey, don't worry Ziggy, straight people have sex party's too, yanno those swingers ? Its not just a gay thing.

Oh and no, I'm not a swinger btw, in fact I'm a virgin again. :-)

Don't be ashamed of who you are.

Jay Noel said...

Yeah, straight people have sex parties too. To be honest, I find the idea of sex parties kinda gross.

But that's just me.

Behind closed doors - whatever floats your boat.

Anonymous said...

Ha ha!!! Bitch slapped by a bitch!!!

DanProject76 said...

You're not homophobic, you're just not a skanky gay ho!

DaBich said...

Dangerous~That last point about not knowing where someone has been...that's very true for gays and for straights!! Ewww indeed!

running42k said...

That was a hilarious conversation. I think if someone told me they were going to have sex with 8 gay guys the first question out of my mouth would probably not be whether they are serving hor dourves or not.

ziggystardust73 said...

sums me up really, running42k... I'm such a dork. But happily so :-)

zuzula said...

I totally agree. When I go to a party all I want to do is nibble canapes, drink loads of wine, chat to my friends and dance around in the kitchen. An eightsome would definitely not be very high on the agenda!

ziggystardust73 said...

oh is that my problem, organic?!

can't wait for that eyebrow burn up!

c nadeau & t johnson said...

Gay, straight, as long as your dick has somewhere to go, who cares?

Anonymous said...

wah wah wee wah!!! thats the funniest shit nort.. gay it up..

:P fuzzbox said...

I am as straight redneck as it gets and I must say that I like your attitude. Runaway promiscuity has consequences no matter what your sexual orientation might be.

The idea of serving hor dourves at a gay sex orgy I found funny. I pictured the host serving up those little coctail weinies and some poor unendowed fellow blushing and covering his package.

ziggystardust73 said...

:p fuzzbox - welcome, and yeah, I guess it does conjure up some funny images...!

DaBich said...

Oh Lord, Fuzzbox, that's too funny! lol

Anonymous said...

Very nice site! design a kitchen cabinet