14 October, 2005

Mr Muscle.


So, I was walking to work this morning from the bus stop through Mayfair... and Antony & the Johnsons' "Cripple and the Starfish" starts playing on my Ipod.

I've listened to the song before, yet this time, I listen to the lyrics a little more intently, and start crying. Yes, crying in the middle of Berkeley Square, Mayfair - all thanks to Antony. You can just hear the pain in his voice.

At first, I felt kinda embarrassed, but after a while I just let it all out. I mean, there's no point in not letting yourself go once in a while, is there?

And I can tell you, the Mayfair-ites didn't know where to look. Obviously they don't do tears.

The power of music, hey?

At first listen I wasn't convinced by Antony and the Johnsons' music, but now I'm obsessed. Bloody brilliant.

7 comments:

Nick Stephenson said...

No wonder you were crying, listening to that fat poof ... actually I'll take that back.

I've only listened to the album once and that's hardly a fair chance.

I bet it is quite something to know you properly, Ziggy. I am in love with the confession of your tears.

Now delete the spam and make me number one!

ziggystardust73 said...

Oh thank you. I was thinking of a career change.

ziggystardust73 said...

Oh NICK!

How I've missed your witty comments!

He is a fat poof, but what a voice. Sure, he's no Stevie Nicks or Kate Bush (btw, I LOVE KING OF THE MOUNTAIN), but then WHO IS?

DanProject76 said...

I like Antony too. Both albums are pretty good for when you need that kind of music, it makes you feel better if you're a bit sad if that makes sense. I have been drinking... zzzzzzzz

As fat poofs go , Antony is so so so much bettter than Boy George or George Michaels.

WestVillageKid said...

I watched Antony play last night in New York. I think the whole room was in tears when he did Cripple and the Starfish, so don't feel too bad! Absolutely phenomenal artist, albeit slightly odd looking.

ziggystardust73 said...

Dan, I agree with you about Antony and how his music alters depending on when you listen to him...

David, welcome and where in Oz are you from??

WestVillageKid said...

Thanks. I was born in Sydney but I've been living in Melbourne since I was aboiut 13. I've just moved over to NYC in the last couple months. Cool blog by the way.