14 October, 2005

Mr Muscle.


So, I was walking to work this morning from the bus stop through Mayfair... and Antony & the Johnsons' "Cripple and the Starfish" starts playing on my Ipod.

I've listened to the song before, yet this time, I listen to the lyrics a little more intently, and start crying. Yes, crying in the middle of Berkeley Square, Mayfair - all thanks to Antony. You can just hear the pain in his voice.

At first, I felt kinda embarrassed, but after a while I just let it all out. I mean, there's no point in not letting yourself go once in a while, is there?

And I can tell you, the Mayfair-ites didn't know where to look. Obviously they don't do tears.

The power of music, hey?

At first listen I wasn't convinced by Antony and the Johnsons' music, but now I'm obsessed. Bloody brilliant.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice Blog!!!   I thought I'd tell you about a site that will let give you places where
you can make extra cash! I made over $800 last month. Not bad for not doing much. Just put in your
zip code and up will pop up a list of places that are available. I live in a small area and found quite
a few. MAKE MONEY NOW

Nick Stephenson said...

No wonder you were crying, listening to that fat poof ... actually I'll take that back.

I've only listened to the album once and that's hardly a fair chance.

I bet it is quite something to know you properly, Ziggy. I am in love with the confession of your tears.

Now delete the spam and make me number one!

ziggystardust73 said...

Oh thank you. I was thinking of a career change.

ziggystardust73 said...

Oh NICK!

How I've missed your witty comments!

He is a fat poof, but what a voice. Sure, he's no Stevie Nicks or Kate Bush (btw, I LOVE KING OF THE MOUNTAIN), but then WHO IS?

Dan Project 76 said...

I like Antony too. Both albums are pretty good for when you need that kind of music, it makes you feel better if you're a bit sad if that makes sense. I have been drinking... zzzzzzzz

As fat poofs go , Antony is so so so much bettter than Boy George or George Michaels.

David Dalley said...

I watched Antony play last night in New York. I think the whole room was in tears when he did Cripple and the Starfish, so don't feel too bad! Absolutely phenomenal artist, albeit slightly odd looking.

ziggystardust73 said...

Dan, I agree with you about Antony and how his music alters depending on when you listen to him...

David, welcome and where in Oz are you from??

David Dalley said...

Thanks. I was born in Sydney but I've been living in Melbourne since I was aboiut 13. I've just moved over to NYC in the last couple months. Cool blog by the way.

ebooks said...

Whats new Today

I love ebooks and am glad to be on your site. If you want to find out more about......ebooks then go visit http://trout4u2.com......You wont be disapointed..